The Vacaville-Elmira Cemetery invites you to visit our beautiful grounds during our hours of operation.
The cemetery is open every day of the year from around 8 am to dusk.
Our staff are in attendance from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except on State and Federal holidays.
The staff can help you with inquiries of gravesite location of a loved one or friend.
• Motor vehicles may be driven within the cemetery at no greater than 10 miles per hour.
• No vehicles shall drive off a roadway.
• All vehicles will be equipped with appropriate mufflers so as to keep noise to a minimum.
• No rollerblades or skateboards may be ridden within the cemetery grounds.
• Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances are not permitted on cemetery grounds.
• Please deposit your trash in the provided containers. Leaving the cemetery clean is a sign of respect.
• Only real and artificial flowers are acceptable.
• Flowers shall be placed ONLY in the vases provided in traditional markers, not to exceed two (2) vases per plot.
• No glass or ceramic vases.
• No paraphernalia, such as flowers, pictures, flags stickers, knick-knacks etc., are to be placed in the niche areas that do not have vases provided.
• Only flowers are allowed in niche areas that do provide vases.
• No pinwheels, whirly-gigs, balloons, statues, bric-a-brac, stuffed animals, wooden or metal stakes, wires or like devices are allowed on any gravesite.
• Fresh and artificial flowers that are wilted, faded or present an unsightly appearance will be disposed of by staff.
• Check with the cemetery office staff first if you are in question of any of the above rules.
• No person including plot owners are permitted to erect fences or hedges on or around any plot.
• No planting of trees, shrubs or perennials is allowed. Please contact our staff about donating a tree.
The cemetery makes every effort to enforce rules and regulations uniformly and with compassion.